Sat 2/18/17 @ GoKart
- Big warding light atop the city, keeps undead at bay
- Capital of this area
- At tavern: Pair of Black Antlers. large tavern, very busy
- This is the HQ for The Order of the Guantlet
- Ontharr is not present.
- Met up with Liosen and a few other Monks
– Looking healthy
- Told him the cultist army moved, heading west, toward Candle Keep and Baulder’s Gate.
- Must be going north to the Tradeway (up the west coast), could not attack Baulder’s Gate at present strength.
- Liosen tells us more about Ontharr and OotG and general
- Spread Greenist raid exploits, Ontharr will respect us more
- Ander arm wrestles and does man-stuff
- Tavok talks news with some dwarves in the tavern
- Doran observes symbols fashioned into pins on members: Gauntlet grasping a sword by the blade as well as those of Torm
- tries to talk up the bartender, fails but talks a lot about beers
- Olden, local brewer
- Red, berry ale, not sweet in scornabel. Red Scorn
- Then went on stage and told the (mostly, partly true) story of how I won my gem
- This succeeded while Ander and Tavok were talking with their tables
- Doran and Ander explore the local shops and crafts
- Ander discovers his dog in an alley, starved and filthy
- Axe the Dog (Mastiff). collar, armor beat up and gross
- Gets cleaned up at a vet? some game keeper
Back at tavern
- Private space off the common room
- Liosen and Ontharr are there
- many pitchers of red wine
- Ontharr speaks. we fill him in on the details
- Asks us to follow the cult to find out their plans and where their loot is going
- Asks us to join OotG or Harpers
- Ander joins OotG
- Tovak joins neither
- Doran joins Harpers
Mission: Meet Human trader Aken Solovan in B.G., outer city, Blackgate district. may help get connected as caravan guards or adventurers. Drop Ontharr’s name.
2 Day’s Wait for Armor
- Get new clothes, hair, outfits to appear different to the cult.
- Mounts come with on the boat (after serious negotiation)
- Uneventful ship travel
- Arrive at B.G.
- Expect 2–10 days’ wait for cult to travel through.
- Human, Paladin of Torm
- Leader of the Order of the Guantlet (OotG)
- Based in El Turiel
- Broad shouldered
- Jovial, rough-housing, loves pranks, good drink, go get’em type
Order of the Gauntlet (OotG)
- Emphasizes faith, vigilance, and fighting threats of evil.
- Mainly paladins and clerics
- Army of humans, kobolds, mercenaries
- Unknown end-game
- Supported by a Blue Dragon
- Organized into cells, spread out geographically
- Breading dragons
- Feed captives to drakes
- Rezmere – Black Dragonborn (half-dragon), led that cell
- Sinrath – Blue Dragonborn (half-dragon) (dead)
- Mondath – Female human mage, right hand of Sinrath (dead)
- Actual Blue Dragon
- Order of folks
- Liosen belongs to this group*
- More secretive than OotG
- Loosely organized, agents have wide freedom to act
- Dedicated to equality and justice, keeping power out of the hands who don’t deserve it.